

Happy Birthday my little lady! Haley is 5 years old and she will be going to Kindergarten next year. (sniff!) I keep telling her that she needs to stay little and she replies, "Don't worry, Mom. I'll still be cute when I'm older." Good thing! She is one amazing girl and has so many things going for her. She is very social and makes it easy to be her friend. After I pick her up from Pre-K, it seems like everyone has to say good-bye to her and she has to make the rounds of hugs and saying good-bye to her friends.
She loves to learn and can already read and write. Her teacher gave some of her writing samples to a kindergarten teacher and her teacher said the kindergarten teacher was amazed and sad that Haley wouldn't be in her class next year. I love teaching her things because she remembers everything! Which is also something I have to remember when raising her because she DOES remember everything. She remembers her 2 year old birthday, when we had to go back to Michaels because she took a piece of gum, when Grandma Ava died, when our first caterpillar made a cocoon, when my brother's dog knocked her over with his tail and licked her when she was a year and a half, etc. What a memory!
She is naturally graceful. She LOVES going to dance and even practices at home. She is also getting pretty good at catch and will even initiate playing with us. She loves flowers, the outdoors, and has her mom's expensive taste for Steak. She can sing on tune and can belt it out with even a little vibrato. (Remember her memory?) She knows song lyrics sometimes better than I do and likes to make up her own songs.
She is super thoughtful. She likes to do nice things for everyone and is always writing letters or making cards for her friends and family. She's also very perceptive to how others feel and will do anything to make them happy. (moooost of the time. Sister gets left out some times . . . except today when Maleia fell and immediately Haley went to get the Bandaids for her and picked up her bubbles that she spilled.)
Something I wasn't quite ready for is that she is talking about boys. (I know!) She even had her first kiss at a boys house when she was being tended and then again (with the same boy) at church in the hallway in front of Brandon. Needless to say we had to have a little chat. We told her that it's not appropriate to kiss boys and her response was. "It's okay mom. I've done it before." And that is when we found out about her first kiss. She says she has two boyfriends and we keep saying she can't have a boyfriend until she's 16 and NO MORE KISSING! geesh. I thought I'd have this conversation in about 10 years from now.
Haley has found that being 5 is tough, too. We have compromised that 5 year olds don't suck their thumbs, so I have been cuddling with her at night helping her make that transition and I am so proud of her! Two nights in a row without sucking her thumb! Remind me to pay her a few hundred dollars if she finally stops since we hope we won't have to get her braces when she is older. I keep reminding her that she can do anything if she puts her mind to it. Way to go, girl!
Over all she is a great 5 year old who makes us happy. She is my favorite 5 year old and I can't wait to see what this year brings. Hungary doesn't know what is gonna hit 'em...

Happy birthday Haley! WOw, the time has sure gone fast. I remember her not OFFICIALLY being old enough for nursury!! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she is sooooo old!! Her pictures are darling. Love the tutu ones. And I have to say, I'm not surprised she's turning out the way she is since everything you describe about her sounds like her parents. You guys can't help but have amazing kids. Happy birthday Haley!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Haley!!
ReplyDeleteCrazy week on your previous blog! I hope your trip to Utah is relaxing and a good "down time" before the fun of the summer and moving hits.
What a sweetie! Happy Birthday, Haley! 5 years old and kissing boys?! My goodness! :)
ReplyDeleteYour week sounds way crazy... i don't know how you do it all, Monique. You are an awesome mom!
I loved the kissing story it was so funny! I hope Haley has a good birthday! She is such a cute girl! P.S. you will have to give me some potty training tips...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Haley! We think you are a pretty cool 5 year old too! Abby sure is going to miss you. Abby has the same memory. It's amazing how far back she can remember and the most random things. Glad to see an update. See ya tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Haley!! She most definitely will still be cute when she's older.
ReplyDeleteK, last week=exhaustion...I collapsed and took a nap after I read through Wednesday. And I didn't know you taught Seminary? Those lucky kids. You put us all to shame with your over-achieverness.
I remember when she was so tiny! Happy Birthday Haley!
ReplyDeleteI wonder who that little boywas, he sure is lucky!!! and hey, we love Mr. Vega too, he's definitely our favorite gate guard. We hope you guys are going to have fun on your vacation. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Haley! (A little late...)
ReplyDeleteThis post was so cute! Sounds like you have your hands full with the boys =)
Happy, happy birthday, Haley! You are getting old! Your still just as pretty, though. Anissa
ReplyDeleteBrandon told us she made you read the whole thing to her. I laughed.
ReplyDeleteHope you are having fun there in Utah, give a hug to Annie when you see her!
Hey we are taking our blog private. Email me so I can invite you if I didn't already.
ReplyDeleteemwitters@gmail.com
Thanks!
I am writing this in hopes that you will read comment #14! :)
ReplyDeleteHaley is such a doll (of course your other two are as well!). It was fun to find out more about her!
It was great to hang out with you guys for an afternoon! This is a reminder to send me some pics! I hope you guys are enjoying Utah. Take care!