Monday, December 7, 2009

Cookie Making at the Intercontinental


The Intercontinental is a 5 Star Hotel where one of my good friend's husband is the manager and they hold events for children every so often and Mirjana was nice enough to hold one for 20 kids! Yes. 20. It was madness, but I wasn't in charge, and the kids had a blast, so it was AOK in my book.

Agenda:
1. Cut out the cookies
2. Toured kitchen
3. Ate food
4. Decorated some cookies
5. Shaped Marzipan
6. And took a boxful of cookies home


I barely saw Haley. She was independently working the whole time. When did she get so big? She thought the best part was that she got to take the real child-sized apron home with us. She cracks me up!


Maleia and Dylan needed a little more assistance.


I think she ate more gingerbread dough than she baked... and good thing. The dough was way better than the cookies.


While the cookies were baking, they gave a tour of the kitchens. VERY sanitary, I know.


Dylan was a little clingy since there were so many people around. There were even people there that would help your child out if you didn't want to help them yourself.

Dylan sat next to Scarlett!! :)


Then they had Marzipan shaping. Who wouldn't like edible playdough??

I give this event 5 stars.
We are even going to go back for the Pizza making in a couple of months. Right Mirjana?

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, is it just me? I can't see a single picture from this post. All I can see are little blue question marks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see the pictures either :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I can't see the pictures either. But it sounds like a blast! So will my cookies be arriving in the mail shortly? :-)

    ReplyDelete