Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Let's Get It Started In Here

I just listened to a few of my running songs. What does that mean? YES, I am running again! Woohoo. But I have a long way to go, my friends. . . and I think I wet myself as I ran. Thank goodness for super pads.

So, who wants to be my virtual workout buddy? I don't know how it would work, but I have to lose 17 pounds and need some extra motivation... I am also playing in a volleyball tournament in 3 weeks, so I want to be in some sort of better shape. I just had a baby 4 weeks ago. Am I being unrealistic here?? I mean, it's a UVU Alumni match. I have to do sorta well against those 18 year olds that play 5 hours a day. Yes, I might make a fool of myself.

I'm being pretty vague on my goals, but I'm pretty competitive, so I think I will push myself somewhat. I just got some new shoes and my sister has a Garmin watch, so I am excited to get my body movin.

My goals this week: (STARTED MONDAY)

1. Work out 6 times a week for at least 30 min. a day
2. Lose 2 pounds
3. Every night: stretch, 15 push ups, 50 sit ups, plyometrics
_______________________________________

My Work outs

Monday - Used the stationary bike for 40 minutes
Tuesday - Did a 20 minute cardio workout video and rode the stationary bike for 15 min.
Wednesday - Ran 2.8 miles in 25 min. Walked 5 min. to cool down. (Hey, it's a start!)
Thursday - Played volleyball for 1 1/2 hours
Friday - slacker!
Saturday - big time slacker!
Sunday - weigh in : lost _2_ pounds... what up!!

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! That's an aggressive goal, but knowing you, I have NO doubt you can do it. Now me, I'd never post that on my blog, because, well, wouldn't happen. I got the workout part down pat - it's just that what's not listed on your blog is the EATING part. I'm sure your eating part is quite sensible. Mine would involve lots and lots of cookies, which would pretty much negate my daily workouts. :-) But you're a madwoman (in a good way), so I wouldn't bet against you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Monique! I am not in workout mode yet, but maybe in a month. I've got a plan to see a physical therapist first so that I can walk. I did, however, use my running music for labor and that was definitely a workout. I'm just on a little hiatus now. Oh and your 2.8 in 25 minutes is my fastest running pace so you've already got me beat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I too am just starting to work out on a consistent basis. The baby weight has been off, but I am such a weakling now. I'm just proud of myself for jogging 30 minutes while pushing Dylan without stopping and then walking for another 30. I know I need to add variety to my workouts. You can be my motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Monique. I'd like to say I'd be a virtual work out buddy, but...I'm sure I wouldn't meet my end of the deal. However, I'll be a virtual Volleyball buddy. I've found a good group of girls here and we play every Thurs. night. I LOVE it!!! Good luck on your tournament. Wish we could play together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be your work out buddy! I have tons more to lose, but i'm working out twice a day, and I would love to help you! Good luck with your volleyball match! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Mo. Can I say that I think you're awesome and crazy all at the same time? I still have about 8 lbs to go, so I'll maybe pretend to be your virtual work out buddy. I am doing AWESOME in eating foods that are good for me. Finding time to work out- now that's the hard one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job! Don't worry, the years have been good to you. Meaning I don't see a problem with you keeping up in the volleyball match. Sounds fun! Good luck on your your weight loss goal. I'm STILL hanging on to 3lbs from Bristol. But I will take it..cause Im SO close. Nothing worth while is ever easy right?

    ReplyDelete