
All 4 kids received 2 shots each yesterday. We were trying to help out by giving them Tylenol beforehand, but I'm not so sure it helped. You probably heard Maleia's screams from your home. I still believe in immunizing my kids, but I do the extended calendar for my boys that is suggested for preventing autism. I know this is a hot topic and super controversial, but I figure it doesn't hurt him if I do it and it might help him. Who knows?
I have too many friends that have children with autism and so I listen to them. And pray for them. Because that would be hard. I taught children with autism and I was happy to give them back to their parents after 7 hours, though I loved them all dearly. I know their parents loved them too, but they were so grateful that I got them for that time, too. And I had a pediatritian that had a son with autism and he said that the risk of getting the disease you were vaccinating against overruled the risk of getting autism. He wasn't convinced that they were even linked. He has a pharmaceutical degree, PHD is bio chemistry, MD, and did his own research on it. If he doesn't know, then I don't know who would.
I have too many friends that have children with autism and so I listen to them. And pray for them. Because that would be hard. I taught children with autism and I was happy to give them back to their parents after 7 hours, though I loved them all dearly. I know their parents loved them too, but they were so grateful that I got them for that time, too. And I had a pediatritian that had a son with autism and he said that the risk of getting the disease you were vaccinating against overruled the risk of getting autism. He wasn't convinced that they were even linked. He has a pharmaceutical degree, PHD is bio chemistry, MD, and did his own research on it. If he doesn't know, then I don't know who would.
Back to talking about my children as pin cushions:
When Maleia woke up this morning, she said, "I think my arm is broken."
Me: "Does your arm still hurt? It's probably just the shots."
Maleia: "No, I think the shots broke my arm."
Dylan: "This Bandaid is hurting my arm, mom."
Me: "I think it's the shots, buddy. Do you want me to take it off, though?"
Dylan: "No, it will make it hurt worser. Next time can we bring our own Bandaids?"
Haley: "Don't touch my arm. It has the flu."

Here's what I think (please note this is just my opinion and I'm not a dr which you know, Mo). Some kids are more susceptible to the mercury in the shots then others. Honestly, I think that's the deal. I hear of dr's saying to limit mercury intake (by fish you eat/ don't eat) while you're prego and the same for small children. If there's a mercury spill has-mat is right there to clean it up, but yet in shots they want to put it in our bodies? I do the spacing for the shots for my kids, especially the 12 month ones w/ chicken pox. I don't give my kids the flu shot (but they can have the mist) because I've had Bridgette have a BAD reaction to it. The mist does just as well in my opinion and I don't have to deal with CRAZY 104F fevers. I don't know why boys get it autism more then girls (maybe something in their immune system make up?) Anyhow, I know that was kind of not the best said, but I hope my intent is understood. I'm sure you're doing what is best for your kiddos. I don't think that shots (or the mercury content of) is the only cause of autism, but there is some correlation. There's also a correlation though between jaundice and autism too. And gluten and casein allergies and autism. So who knows? It's one big puzzle to me!
ReplyDeleteI miss those cute kids already! But I'm glad you're all home and together again.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering what curriculum you use to teach preschool. I want to do a small, in-home preschool and was wondering if you could share some tips on how you got started, forms, billing, lessons-standards, # of classes, length of semester... and anything else that might be helpful tips that you've learned while doing this. My email is kmwoodbury@csu.fullerton.edu. I'm not planning on starting until April-June sometime. Just wanted a head start planning and getting prepared. Thanks for any and all the help you can provide!
ReplyDeleteShots are not fun. Dylan's birthday is today and I'm taking him for his tomorrow. Because, who wants shots ON their birthday. Bad Pavlovian association in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteSo, I'm being ambitious this year and want to send you a Christmas card. Email me with the address you want me to send it to: shilo.duke@yahoo.com Thanks! Love ya!
Hmmm...My knee has the flu too, Haley. What a cute family. We miss you guys!
ReplyDelete