I am so not a morning person, so I decided to blog about the things I DO like about the morning.
1. I can no longer wake up to an alarm and will let it beep for-ev-er and push snooze for an hour, so my husband is my alarm clock now and he is WAY nicer than my roommates were when they tried to wake me up. I've had balls and pillows thrown at me. They've even used a mega phone and cold washcloths. yea. I had NICE roommates. :)
1 1/2. When the kids awake, they immediately come and find us and get lots of hugs, kisses, and morning cuddles. "Good morning Mommy. Did you have a good nap?"
2. It takes longer to fight over who is saying the breakfast prayer than actually say the prayer. You would think that this is pretty frustrating, but hey, they LIKE to pray. So we usually end up saying two prayers. Our food is "doubly blessed," they say.
3. When Maleia prays, this is what we get: "An bwess Dewin dewin baby face, yes we are bwessing you, baby baby! Yeah! Sewy sewy Dewin baby!" in a baby voice during the prayer while Dylan is jumping for joy and laughing because someone is paying attention to him. Then she looks around the room and blesses what she sees.
4. When Haley prays, this is what we get: "And bless Maleia that she can be reverent during the prayer, and that I can forgive her if she makes wrong choices and makes me mad. Bless Dylan not to pull my hair, and that I can be a good babysitter and not try to pick him up like yesterday and the day before that, but not on Monday so that was good. Bless me to be nice to everyone, even when they make way wrong choices. Bless me at Pre-K that I won't be bored and that Maleia can be good for mommy at home and they can come and pick me up on time . . . " You get the idea. Anything that is on her mind, she says it. Anything she knows we are doing, she's asking for extra help to make it happen. :) Love it! P.S. I have only been late twice! It must have been days that she didn't pray about it, but she definitely won't forget it.
5. Maleia's WILD hair when she wakes up. Seriously, it is just out of control and CRAZY! Also, lately Maleia has woken up with a dry pull up! woohoo! Potty training is pretty much over with, but she will still have accidents here and there, mostly when we are at other's homes. Sorry, "other's homes."
6. All kids are basically in a good mood.
7. All parents are more or less in a good mood.
8. We can all be together and see Brandon head off to work and he can help get kids ready for the day, too.
9. New day. New possibilities to actually get everything done on my list.
10. Another chance to become a little better, try a little harder, and live a little wiser.

love this post. my kids are my alarm clock. I wish I were one of those moms that gets up before everyone and makes a big breakfast and is always showered and ready to go. Not me. I love the part about your kids praying. They are so funny.
ReplyDeleteCute! My favorite things about the morning - the house is cool (right now it's 80 degrees upstairs despite the A/C being on!) and I love getting Eliza out of her crib all smiley and happy.
ReplyDeleteI really liked that post. It made me remember what I love about mornings. I thought the girls prayers were so sweet. It's nice to hear them pray and to ask Heavenly Father for things they feel are important. Your right you want them to love it.
ReplyDeleteTina
Such a cute post! I also loved the part about your kids praying... they are so cute. I have never been a morning person but I am starting to like mornings now... Logan likes to sleep in the early morning hours, so even though our schedule is a little backward, I enjoy anytime that I am able to sleep =)
ReplyDeleteHaha...you have issues with the snooze button too?! Glad to know I'm not alone on that one! :) I love the morning post and the quotes, especially the garlic bread one. Haha. Look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks. Can't wait to meet little Dylan!
ReplyDeleteThis was such a fun read! I could actually hear your girls praying, they are so cute! I am not a morning person either, but thank goodness for new days and and a fresh start!
ReplyDeleteSo not a morning person, but I have to agree that I love the possibilities of a new day. Fun post!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet, makes me very excited to be a mom.
ReplyDeleteGood job on the race!! I'm shooting for anything under 30.
I'm gonna have to go with:
ReplyDelete1. Staying in bed
2. Eating brunchfast
3. Finding Jimmy still asleep in his bed in odd positions
4. Dabbing the drool from my mouth with my sheets
5. Just sitting there waiting until I'm ready to get out. It's a precious time.