Thursday, July 16, 2009

Oops... or not.


I get this email from B today:
(not the pic. See below. Our order is in red.)
_________________________________________________________
B:

Crap...

-----Original Message-----
From:
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:48 AM
To:
Subject: The below items have been rejected by DPM

Report Date: 13-Jul-2009 DPM Rejected Items Report Page: 3
Unit: DPMUN
Date Range:
From: 19-JUN-2009 To: 12-JUL-2009
Destination Addressee From City, State Reason Tracking #
Budapest E....... AMAZON.COM LLC Hebron, KY Liquids
Budapest E...... AMAZON.COM LLC Hebron, KY Liquids
Budapest BC..... AMAZON.COM Campbellsville, KY Liquids
Budapest BC...... AMAZON.COM Campbellsville, KY Liquids
Budapest H....... USA FULFILLMENT Chestertown, MD Glass

_______________________________________________

It totally looks like we ordered KY Liquids that got rejected. Not only that, but it looks like we ordered TWO orders of it. nice. B didn't know either way if we had or not and we both just thought that the other one ordered it. Then after reading this a few more times, I realize that it's the state abbreviation. Oh, duh. Kentucky. KY = Kentucky! I emailed B about it and he sighed a sigh of relief. I could probably handle the playful harassing a little better than he would. Rather, I would not get BEAT RED if someone even alluded to the email. So we figured it out, but will ALL the rest of the embassy employees make the same mistake as we did?

Apparently so.

A friend on the compound told ME to tell B sorry that the package didn't pass customs. And she said it with a embarrassed chuckle. Great. :) And what are the odds that another family got liquids from KY as well??

*** That is NOT a real ad for KY above...

6 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I miss you guys. Are you playing fantasy football with us again? I don't see you in there? Where are you?! You have to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okay, I gave the Bishopric a receipt for nursery snacks with a purchase of KY as an additional item on the receipt. I totally meant to do a separate transaction so I wouldn't embarrass the poor finance clerk, but forgot. Tell B to say it was for door hinges or some other place that needs lube, but kiddie fingers can find the mess and smear it all over walls. Or tell him to suck it up, KY is a completely normal thing for married people! Or he can say something like, yeah, the state of Kentucky just couldn't fit thru custom's in-box.
    BTW is customs usually a pain? Do they reject things and send them back, or do you go down there, explain what it is and they open it or whatever? What if they take too long and your return policy is violated? That would frustrate me so much! And why don't they email people individually! Aagh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the funniest things I've read all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you ever get your plates? I know how long it takes for stuff to get out there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny! Speaking of ordering KY liquids...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY SIDES! Mo that was SUPER funny. I have been waiting for an update from your end of the world, and that did NOT disappoint.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete