I was a little mad at "Jake" today, Maleia's imaginary friend, since he has been telling Maliea that everything is yucky. "I don't have to taste it, Mommy. Jake already did and HE said it was yucky." Then I wasn't a fan when she was watching a movie and changed the movie out all by herself. "But Jake doesn't like Barbie movies very well. Well, just not this one very much. He wanted to watch Polly World." Jake! Now my daughter has changed the settings on our TV and she got a DVD stuck in the player! Then, just before I was going to tell her that Jake needed to go back to America, I get this:
Imaginary Friends
The all-systems-go imagination of a 3-year-old can conjure up a new presence in your home — your child's imaginary playmate. Although it can be startling to suddenly hear your child talking to a pretend pal, this development is common and very positive. In fact, it's a healthy sign that you have a creative child. Imaginary friends are great for kids — and are another sign that this year is one of the most magical of childhood.
Yea! I have a creative child. . . Now if only Jake could be a little more creative. I do have to say that Jake loves to hear Maleia sing, he likes to go to the sandbox with her and use the blue shovel (no one else can use it, though), and he is now potty trained just like her! Oh, he does not like Chicken Pot Pie and thinks Maleia is bootiful. I hear her say, "Thank you Jake! I think you are bootiful too!" I will post a picture of what SHE thinks Jake looks like on this post a little later.
The KH Shadow Puppet Shows
7 years ago

Ooh I can't wait to see what the infamous Jake looks like!
ReplyDeleteI must admit, I am quite fond on Jake! He gives me hilarious posts to read and makes me feel better about Nephi, my imaginary friend!! Oh yes, I left him at a few friends homes growing up... you are wonderful for going back for Maleia!!! But yeah, Maleia should teach Jake some manners about saying Yuck to food! :)
ReplyDeleteMy sister had an imaginary friend, I can't remember his name. Anyway, she is SO creative and one of the most amazing artists I have ever seen. Very talented. I hear that it is also a sign of intelligence to have a imaginary friend (or, that is what she told me).
ReplyDeleteFor the record, I never had one, but that doesn't mean I am lacking, just not as gifted.
Can't wait to see his picture! Kepp the hilarious posts coming!!
Oh my Jake! You ARE super for going back for him though. Wonder if Jake can do chores, now THAT would take some imagination!
ReplyDeleteMaybe Jake could come visit me for awhile...I don't think I would exactly mind if an imaginary guy told me I was bootiful all the time. :)
ReplyDeleteNatalie, also has quit the imagination. Her friends keep her up at night. I ask her if they sleep in her bed with her she said, "No they are stuck on that wall" Her friend is her shadow.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet story. What a lovely family you have : )!
ReplyDelete