"Recently, one of our sons was sustained as ward mission leader. His wife told us how thrilled he was with the call. It fits the very heavy demands of his work. He has the missionary spirit and will find good use for his Spanish, which he has kept polished from his missionary days.
What my son and his wife are doing with their little children transcends anything they could do in the Church or out. No service could be more important to the Lord than the devotion they give to one another and to their little children. And so it is with all our other children. The ultimate end of all activity in the Church centers in the home and the family." General Conference 2007
This helps, but I'll still take that sub now please. (And for all you non-sports fans. A sub is someone who comes in for someone who is tired or is doing a crappy job.) So don't think the sub is just because I am tired. . .

I just read this post and the one you posted on the 17th...and just thought I'd let you know that you're one of the best moms I've ever met. You're awesome. And I'm sorry your kids were sick--that's the worst.
ReplyDeleteWe love you Monique. Hope everyone starts to feel better soon, physically and mentally.
ReplyDeleteemily g
Everyone has their ups and downs. If this happens to be a down for you, I can't possibly believe that it outweighs the amount of ups you have. I've seen you in action enough to know. Besides, even athletes have difficult times like when they get injured or fined (this is going with your sports theme with the sub comment, just in case you were wondering how this fit in). You've been dealing with major sickness so just give yourself a little credit.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! It could be worse - you could have MY parenting skills! I not only need a sub, I need one of those permanent guys who always bats for me!
ReplyDeleteMonique,
ReplyDeleteHere is the thing: Our wonderful Annie once told me this, I think during a conversation on a day when I was having a rough go of things, and letting "mommy monster" out of my stained shirt and warm-up attire (a look I sport a lot). Any way, I am not as eloquent, but it was to the tune of, "If you think of all the most powerful women in the world with their important jobs, the fact is that they can be replaced. Someone could come in a do a better job. That is not true with a mother. No one could step in, and in the eyes of the children be a better replacement."
Head up, you are a great mother. A rough patch won't determine the outcome. I love you.
Sometimes it's those little things that help that carry you through.
ReplyDeleteCan you send me your mother's email?