
I figured I would see London while living overseas, but I didn't think it would be for medical reasons. Apparently Hungary doesn't have the best health care (Eastern socialism at it's best. surprise surprise) and I knew this, but the Embassy doctor wanted all the prenatal testing done in a place where they know what they are doing. VERY civil of them. So I was flown to London! Wooohoo!!
Everything was wonderful and the people there are marvelous. I only had once incident where someone pick pocketed me, but I got my wallet back from a really nice lady. Only my cash was stolen and I saw who did it. Lame, I know, but I didn't have much cash, and I didn't want it to ruin my trip. And it didn't. Though I was ticked off and wanted to toss the guy into THE GAP of the tube. (See below.)

The hotel where I stayed. Can I say Ritzy? It was next to Regents
Park and Great Portland Street stop on the tube. Nice.
In my opinion, you can't go to London without seeing a show. I went to "We Will Rock You" and was blown away. I love Queen, so this was an easy one to like.
My favorite part wasn't the finale. It was this old lady that kept standing up to dance during all the music. She must have been, like, 80 and can dance better than me. SHE stole the show.
I took a "Hop-on-Hop-off" bus tour so that I can get off and puke if I needed to. :) It was beautiful and a great way to get a well-rounded knowledge of a big city. We have done this in almost all the big cities we have been in and are grateful that I have. It was too cold to be walking around!!
London Bridge. Now do you know why I grabbed photos from other sites, this photo stinks. It was drizzling at one point and this was through the glass. Lame, I know.
I went to an awesome pizza place called Pizza Xpress and it was far from fast food. It was ONLY sit down and delicious.
Typical "By the groovy telephone booths that nobody ever uses anymore except to take pictures with" picture. Seriously. There was a line to take a picture with this booth. That is why someone was there to take my picture. And no, I didn't stand in line, I just offered to take a couple's picture and then I got to cut in the "queue." Sometimes it pays to be nice.
And how cute are the taxis?? I got to ride in one several times. To and from the embassy, to and from the theater, and to and from a fancy restaurant. The other times I took public (the bus or tube.) And it was really easy to get around.
And who can resist buying a Paddington bear at Paddington Station? I grew up watching Paddington Bear, so it was neat to bring home a bear and some books for the kids, though I had to explain it to them. I could easily read the expressions on their faces, "You went to London and brought back some crappy books and a bear?? Where's the candy?" Then I brought out the
Cadbury chocolate. A "Best Mom Ever" feeling replaced the "You left us alone with dad, you crazy mommy" feeling I got when I left.




No comments:
Post a Comment