If you know about my life right now, you will know that I am under LOADS of stress and have been having bouts of cry-fests. Really?? Crying?? I do NOT cry. I'm not bragging, it's just something I don't do. Sometimes I wish I could. If I'm looking around and everyone's crying except me at a movie, I feel very unsentimental. I feel like I could let my husband know how deeply I feel about something if I would just cry. And I guess it's an ego thing too. I grew up with three boys and all the while they would see me about to cry and immediately start making fun of me, so I had to toughen up quick! What are brothers for, right?
Anyway, because of too many things that I am not in the mood to discuss, I was in desperate need of some R & R. And this weekend, I got just that. 5 of us ladies here made a reservation in Heviz, a town just below the Balaton known for their thermal baths and SPAS, and left for the whole weekend. Including Friday. Three days of SPA treatments, thermal pools, and pampering. Ahhhhhhhhhh. I didn't have to use my Tylenol PM to help me sleep, I didn't need my tea in the morning for my headache and nausea, and I think my twitch actually went away. (Just kidding about the twitch.) And if you have read my other post about Church, I (regretfully) had to miss church. Dang.
Don't worry. I still love life and this baby of mine, yucky stress is just taking it's toll on me right now. I know that this is just a season that I have to go through to appreciate the good in my life. "You have to experience the bad to fully appreciate the good." And boy did I appreciate some good friends and great times this weekend. My family rocks! B was so supportive and even asked me in the thick of things if I had anything to look forward to. And the next day I made plans to go on this weekend getaway. When I told B about it, he said, "When do you leave?" I wasn't even offended. ;)
On a better note: Today, Dylan walked up to me and exclaimed, "I love your baby, mommy! I can't wait to play with him. I'm handsome, huh mom? I'm a big guy now. I can jump supa' high! Can I have a treat?" --No, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet.
And when he says goodbye to people, he now says, "GOODBYE!!!! Okay, I'm good." (From the movie Cars.)
The KH Shadow Puppet Shows
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment