Sunday, March 15, 2009

FURY !!!

***that's "fury" like furious, not "furry" like an animal...

B's new code name is Fury. I think you need the story:
We got a new elliptical and we loved it so. Notice the past tense. We looked and looked for the right one. Rode them all. Checked them out. Compared prices. We found the perfect one. The ClimbStride ProForm elliptical that does just that. It climbs like a step climber AND transforms to stride like an elliptical. All with a 220V electric plug or with the option of battery operation.(You only need power for the screen. Everything else is mechanical. Don't worry, I was shocked too.)

Everything was going fine until last night when one of the bars BROKE IN HALF!! How does my 160 pound husband BREAK our elliptical??

So I write this on my wall on Facebook:
Monique is wondering how her hubby BROKE our elliptical?? A piece of metal BROKE in two! It's only a month old! He's only 160 lbs.

B's cousin, Jon, comes to his rescue and writes: "160 lbs. of fury, Monique. Give him some credit."

Then "Fury" says, "That's right! It's all those intangibles. They need to be accoundted for!"

Hence, Fury.
So when you see him/write to him/call him, call him by Fury. It really boosts his ego.

Good thing we have a ten year warranty! Of course it is in Hungarian...

Then there is the Q(s)OTD:
Haley: "Mommy! I closed my eyes during the prayer the holy eternal time!" (We just got back from church. Can you tell?) THEN: Tonight we were reading books and were reading about a herd of zebras and she asked "What is a herd?" After I explained, she exclaimed, "Like a herd of families?"

Dylan: Learned to say "andy!" which of course, means "candy!!"
"Hay-yee" is for Haley.
"Yuh-yuh" is for Maleia.
And he likes to do these really cool tricks of belly flop jumping from one chair to the next which gives me a heart attack. (Boys are completely different.)

Maleia: Thinks that St. Patrick's day is for green people, so we can't have the party for preschool. Bummer. We are not green. (We're having one anyway!) She also mentioned how she is scared of wicked roller-coasters (there is a rollercoaster in Utah named Wicked) and that the streets here in Hungary are like The Wicked.

pssst! Look just what happened to be in the mail: Thanks Amanda!! I LOVE IT! And I'm working on mine still... A work in progress.

(pics to come.. my card is having trouble being read...)

8 comments:

  1. Well some families are like herds and prayers are sometimes eternally long.. Sorry the elliptical Broke maybe that means "fury" doesn't need it he is so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so the whole time I was mis-reading B.'s new name as FURRY, and it just wasn't clicking. It took me three read-throughs to see that there was only one R in the word. I think I like furry better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I hire YOU as my editor. Hello! No one else pointed that out to me. SHeesh. I told you I was having an off week.
    Sorry about the elliptical. (even though it sounds like it was an ego builder!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shilae, as long as you don't call him FAIRY, it's all good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm with Shilae - I was thinking Furry the whole time, like B is some big ol' furry cuddly teddy bear. I know that's not what he's goin' for, but sorry, now I've got the furry teddy bear in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much you can do with that, you can insert Brandon + fury into every day conversation!

    Can't wait until Haley uses it at school, "My dad's fury broke the elliptical machine." You think you hear odd things coming from your preschoolers, I am sure Haley's teacher gets an ear full, too! Good one, Mo! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fury is a great monicker for him!..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who was reading FURRY. I was about to sheepishly admit that I was confused for half of the post, but then I realized I was in good company as I perused the other comments. *Phew* I thought I was losing it!

    ReplyDelete