Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why I Would NEVER Make a Good Arobics Instructor


1. I'm too tall. Have you ever seen a tall Arobics Instructor? Like taller than 5'10"? (Cindy is 5'9) I am too lanky and too far from the ground. Gravity has a greater pull on me. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

2. I was never a dancer. I feel as though all of my Aerobics Instructors have been dancers because of how graceful they are. They walk bowlegged and point their toes in an unnatural way. Plus they have dance hands. You know, dainty. I am not graceful let alone dainty. If monkeys are graceful, that is what I look like. A chimpanzee with long arms waving them back and forth.

3. I can talk. Boy can I talk. But I can't talk and work out at the same time. It's already tough enough right now to think and work out at the same time. "Oh she wants me to use my right foot. Which one is my right foot again? Oh yeah. Dang she is already on double time!"

4. Did you know that my instructor teaches back to back to back classes??? Insane in the membrane!

5. I can't stick to a routine. I'm used to sports where it is more spontaneous. This is too sequential for me.

6. I think the only thing going for me is that I don't sweat a whole lot, like she does. And that is SO not a reason to be an instructor. And that is why I numbered it because this is a reason why I can't be one. It's the only lame similarity that I have. --Oh maybe that and I don't need a mic to be heard. I can be loud. Surprise surprise.

Funny thing is, I daydream that I am an aerobics instructor when I workout on my own sometimes. (Yes, kind of like the cooking show thing.) I just never grew out of playing pretend.

So here is to my Hungarian instructor that I only understand 5% of the time. (At my next Hungarian class I am going to ask my teacher for the terms she uses so maybe it will be only 10% of the time next time.) She kicks my butt. And I pay her to do it??
Crazy American.

10 comments:

  1. You might not make a good aerobics instructor but you'd be an awesome soccer/basketball/softball/football coach (all in one). That's talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the perfect post for today--I just finished doing some random show on FitTV (which the instructor didn't sweat, breathe hard or pass out at the end--weird!)

    I think you'd be a great instructor--it's all about enthusiam (well, and butt kicking. You'd need to learn the butt kicking)

    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #7 reason - you'd say "awesome!" all the time, and then the chubby girl in the back with the sweat and the bad attitude would have to hurt you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing boring about you, Monique, you crack me up! And I think you would be a great instructor...can't be too different than all the enthusiasm and jumping around that occurs in teaching preschool, can it? Now THAT is an aerobic workout.

    Working on your coasters today. Pat is at our house, that is fun. Joe is taking him around at the State Department today to introduce him around and help him get an internship. He wants to grow up and be like Joe. Who could blame him? Totally wishing you were here, too. Did I mention we might be moving? To Nebraska. Joe has been offered a job as a contractor. We will let you know for sure when we sign all the documentation.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to want to be an aerobics in structor. I rememner making up routines to the Beach Boys! But I couldn't imagine doing them back-to-back... and my voice sounds shaky when I'm jumping around!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i kinda think you would be an awesome aerobics insturctor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great so you could totally pass for one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Monique... You crack me up. I love you. I know exactly what you mean about pretneding to be an instructor at home, I do the same thing but then lay flat on my floor for like 5 minutes when I get too tired. Do you think a real aerobics instructor is allowed to do that? Cause if so I'm in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could totally be an aerobics instructor! It's all about motivational speaking and being a positive role model. You're great at that and you're gorgeous! Everyone would take your class just because they'd want to be like you. ;) It's not too hard.

    Lydia...you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at chimpanzee... I can't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete