10 minutes after our Family Home Evening, I find Maleia in her room talking to her piggies all lined up on her dresser. "Okay guys. A house of order and a house of faith needs water. That means we have to go under water and breathe. Alright everybody? Ready to try? 1-2-3... Blow bubbles under water!!! Good job everyone! So what do we need to have when we go under water? That's right. Faith and Order."
The scripture that we read was D&C 88:119. "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God."
And the lesson was on emergency preparedness and we refilled our empty water jugs from the move. . . I know I know. 6 months later. But it got done. Phew! Finally. Let the drought begin! Um, and it's raining as we speak. :) I take to heart those funny Nationwide commercials with the slogan, "Life comes at you fast!" It makes me want to go out and bottle peaches. So Maleia was listening and from this I have learned that we should tie the scripture in with the lesson a little better. sigh. That cute girl.
The KH Shadow Puppet Shows
7 years ago

Speaking of Maleia and her piggies, did you get my e-mail about your mailing address? We now have TWO piggy items that Amelia is dying to send to her "Friend Mee-yah who lives with Neek-Neek and has a fish that will eat my nose."
ReplyDeleteShe also thinks you can't have food where you live. You know, because you live in Hungary. It makes her sad.
~Brandi
Today two of my little preschoolers were sitting in the reading area and I heard, "What do our eyes do?" the other one replied: "Look at the pictures." Then "What do our ears do?" Reply: "Listen to the words." (it continued on) I thought it was so cute because that is what I say everytime we are going to read a book. I love knowing that at least SOMETHING is sinking in!
ReplyDelete