

BOOKS!!! Yes, they came in. I counted 222 Books for Charity so far!! That is so great. Thanks again for those who ordered and I put all the names of the people who ordered books in a hat and drew one out. The Cookbook (from the 11 people that ordered online or gave donations) goes to: drum roll please!!!Dawn Taylor!!!
(cheers cheers cheers!)
The book will be in the mail in a few days.
I wish I could give you each a book for helping out, but I hope you just feel the love and I hope I can capture the smiles on their faces for you.
For those who have NOT ordered and still wanted to: I have different order forms on my site now and you can order through the 25th of this month. (look to the right of my blog.) We want them for February when we will be going to the Orphanage with the people from NAWA. What a good way to celebrate Valentine's Day right? AND THOSE WHO PLACE AN ORDER THIS TIME WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN...... AN ORSZO PORSZIVO!! (See Blog below this one.) We also call it a nose suctioner from Hungary. :)
Reminder: there are $1 books with no shipping or tax.
(cheers cheers cheers!)
The book will be in the mail in a few days.
I wish I could give you each a book for helping out, but I hope you just feel the love and I hope I can capture the smiles on their faces for you.
For those who have NOT ordered and still wanted to: I have different order forms on my site now and you can order through the 25th of this month. (look to the right of my blog.) We want them for February when we will be going to the Orphanage with the people from NAWA. What a good way to celebrate Valentine's Day right? AND THOSE WHO PLACE AN ORDER THIS TIME WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN...... AN ORSZO PORSZIVO!! (See Blog below this one.) We also call it a nose suctioner from Hungary. :)
Reminder: there are $1 books with no shipping or tax.
Okay, so there is one of you that ordered a book that so was NOT appropriate to give to a Hungarian Orphanage, so you will be getting it in the mail shortly. :) I read this book in 3rd grade and it STILL gives me nightmares!!! I can't believe they let kids read this book. Even the pictures scare me to death... but this is coming from someone who got scared in Nemo. (Screamed in the theater even.)


I completely agree! I remember reading one story -I'm not sure if it was in this book, or another one by Schwartz (they all have the same creepy artwork)- that talked about a scarecrow that came alive and skinned somebody. I know!! What the freak! Good call sending it back.
ReplyDeleteMmm...should I just confess seeing as we probably did it? =P
ReplyDeleteI had something great planned to say until I hit "Scary Stories" HOLY COW! That book used to scare me SO bad---um, "used to" meaning scares me now.
ReplyDeleteI think there was a story in there about a wife who's husband kills his wives and then killed her--I can STILL see the picture from that.
This is why our generation is into hard drugs. HA!
Was the part you screamed at in Nemo when the shark shows up? I flung popcorn EVERYWHERE on that part.
ReplyDeleteScary!
Is that the book that has the girl with the green ribbon that holds her head on? If so then it is SO scary!
ReplyDeleteI remember the same story Crystal mentioned--what a creepy book!!!
ReplyDeleteI LIKED that book growing up! I even gave it to Anissa and the part two of it! I'm sure Hungarian children would like to read it, too!
ReplyDeleteemily g
LOL I don't know what you are talking about ha ha. That is my FAVORITE book from when I was a kid! I love those stories. And yes the pictures are super creepy... That is part of what makes the book so awesome! You crack me up =) (I don't have a copy though so I have to say I am excited that you are sending it to me)
ReplyDeleteI liked this book growing up but could see it as being too scary for some reading audiences... Awesome job getting all those books together for those kids!
ReplyDelete