Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stop the madness!

Update on the Plague in our home:

Both B and I have a Sinus Infection and are on heavy doses of Antibiotics and Sudafed.

Haley stayed home from school bc her belly is not feeling well. Who knows why. We went to the doctor and she thought it might be just all the junk from her cold in her digestive system... we'll see.

Maleia is puking tonight with a 105 degree fever.

Dylan has an ear infection and is taking Antibiotics as well.

We all have been sick on and off since the 28th of December. . . 3 weeks.
STOP THE MADNESS!

On a lighter note, here is a Quote of the Day from Haley:

First off, last month Haley came home to tell me that we needed to buy a present for a boy in her class that she is friends with a likes. His birthday is at the end of January, so we went to Amazon and bought a transformer game that Haley picked out for him since I knew we would get it on time. She was home sick today, so she was keeping herself busy doing projects and stuff. His present came in the mail, so she asked if she could wrap it. She made a card for him, put it in the envelope, wrapped the card, wrapped the present, then taped the two together. ALL BY HERSELF. This was the conversation we had when I was sitting there watching her do all this in awe. His birthday is not for two more weeks...

Haley: Why do boys like boy stuff and girls like girl stuff?
Me: When I was little, I liked boy stuff.
Haley: You did? Like what?
Me: Transformers, He-Man, GI Joes, and other boy stuff that Uncle Ty and Uncle Marc liked.
Haley: I'm glad I have a sister who likes girl stuff because that would be really boring. Are balls boy stuff or girl stuff?
Me: Both.
Haley: But Football is just for boys, right?
Me: No way!! I played football too. And there are lots of girls that play. (I told her a story about me playing in college with lots of girls.)
Haley: Mom, that's just becuase you didn't have Barbies when you were little.
Me: No. I liked playing football. I just didn't like Barbies.
Haley: sigh. That is so weird, but I love you.
Me: Thanks. I guess. And I love you too.

11 comments:

  1. I hope you all feel better soon! It sounds like you've had more than your fair share of the yuckies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that? I can't believe you didn't like Barbies, Monique! That IS weird! :) Hope you all start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story. I love you too Monique despite all your weirdness! :) Just kidding. Kids are so honest. Hope you guys are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you all get better FAST! I was sick almost all of December (about three and a half weeks total), and had bronchitis and a sinus infection--and then Alora got croup, and so I completely understand and feel badly for all of you. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you're all sick! Every time we move we get sick a ton the first few months. I feel your pain. Love the conversation with Haley. You guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that's pretty much how we ALL feel about you, Monique! "You're weird, but hey, I guess we love you anyway" :-) sorry to hear you're all sick - you're holding up way better than we would! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you all get feeling better ASAP - that's no fun!

    And I"m smiling at the conversation between you and Haley -- "that is so weird - but I love you" -- how sweet is she? And I totally remember that you did not like Barbies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh! everyone being sick is awful! its bad enough when the kids are sick but with you and brandon sick also that is just too much! i will remember you guys in my prayers and i hope you all get better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wierd, but I love you anyway too! I hope you all get better soon...maybe you should barricade yourselves in the house for 2 days (that wouldn't make the kids or you crazy at all!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you all get feeling well soon. Hailey can think I'm weird- I liked girl stuff and boy stuff. I loved playing barbies but also loved playing football (especially with my cousins- it was always loads of fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mo - my favorite parts of your blogs are always, without fail, when you write down the conversations between you and the kids. Very well-done. Your kids will love these posts when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete