Today I read a book at preschool called, "Llama, Llama Mad at Mama" (a very cute book except for one part where the llama has a tantrum and doesn't even get in trouble for it, so I change it a bit) and without thinking, I asked the kids, "What does your mom do that makes you mad?" And then immediately I had this aching feeling like, "uh-oh, this could be bad," but it ended up to be really sweet.
What does your mom do that makes you mad?
Ava: When my mom takes dangerous things right out of my hands.
Maleia: When my mom doesn't let me eat special treats.
Jenny: When my mom snatches my Magic of the Rainbow because I might leave it at people's houses.
Mimi: When she says "no" to candy and tells me to come to dinner right. now.
Steven: When she doesn't let me watch TV all the time.
YOU MEAN MOMS!!
This just reinforced the fact that my kids have stellar moms minus the one who doesn't give her child treats... I mean GEEZ! Poor deprived child. :)
This just reinforced the fact that my kids have stellar moms minus the one who doesn't give her child treats... I mean GEEZ! Poor deprived child. :)

I want to come to your preschool! Seriously.
ReplyDeleteMan, I feel so bad for the child who can't eat treats! Isn't that the best part of childhood!! I mean why do you eat treats except for it ruining your dinner, giving you cavities, and causing childhood obesity! Gosh, look at all she's missing out on! I'm sorry to be so harsh, but look at all the experiences her life will be void of! That is sooooo cute! I love their responses! Ah, the child perspective. BY the way, I LOVE your post on 33 about you! That's so fun to read! A few of those I didn't know, good info! Hey, how long are you going to be in Hungary? Danny wants to do an intership in 1.5 years in Switzerland... I think. If we do, I'm definitely flying down to see you! Hostess be warned... Hehehe! Here's for hoping!
ReplyDeleteI love the first one. Poor kid can't play with dangerous things! I bet her mom doesn't even let her touch the hot stove or play in traffic!
ReplyDeleteToo funny. Whenever Sophie is angry at me she tells me I am the meanest mommy in the whole wide world EVER!
ReplyDeleteZoe puts her hands on her hips and says "MEANIE!" So I guess I am the meanest mom! :)
When we were little and we told our mom, "YOU'RE A MEAN MOMMY!!!!!" she would smile sweetly and say "Thank You!! That means I am doing my job."
ReplyDeleteheee heee! Your kids are too funny! Sounds like your doing all the wrong things, your such a mean mom! haha. oh and actually it's probably been about 6 1/2 yrs since I met tj after v-ball when I started working at costco.
ReplyDeleteLife without treats... what a sad sad existence =)
ReplyDelete